The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to helping you establish a solid foundation to becoming an inspiring and skilled teacher. It trains you in the ancient traditional approach to yoga practice and extends your journey into the modern evolutionary pathways of yoga, exploring the richness of the relationship between body, mind and movement. You will gain enough in-depth knowledge and understanding of each of the eight limbs of yoga to be able to connect with the origin of yoga and the teacher within.
- 1 year or more regular yoga practice
- Motivation to evolve and deepen your knowledge
- Commitment to learning with a high level of self-discipline required for home study and home practice components
- Ability to read, speak and understand English proficiently
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00 once application has been approved
Your learning will include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Spinal awareness and practices for spinal health
- Finding the ground; yielding, gravity, breath
- Alignment principles
- Art of adjustment and sequencing
- Mantra and meditation
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
- Teaching skills, communication skills, holding space, finding your voice
- Building a home practice
- Yoga applications; yoga in prisons, palliative care and other specialized applications
- Paths to freedom; Bhakti, Karma, Jnana and Raja yoga practices
Your daily schedule:
- 07.00 – 08.15 Morning practice
- 08.15 – 09.00 Breakfast
- 09.00 – 09.50 Class review session
- 10.00 – 11.30 Techniques & methods
- 11.45 – 13.00 Anatomy & physiology applied
- 13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
- 14.15 – 16.00 Yoga history, philosophy, ethics and lifestyle
- 16.15 – 18.15 Techniques & teaching methods
- 18.15 – 19.15 Dinner
- 19.15 – 20.30 Evening practice / group work / self-study /philoshophy
You can choose from:
- 2 x 9 Days Intensive 2018 Two cycles of nine continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed, with 6 weeks break in between. This course is particularly designed for people that would like a bit of both; intensive training and time to process. The home practice component makes up the balance of the training hours.
- 27 July – 4 Aug 2019 (course starts on 26 July at 5pm)
- 14 – 22 Sept 2019
- 18 Days Intensive 2019 Cycle of 18 continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed. This training is particularly designed for people that would like a full on, non-stop training immersion experience. The balance of the training hours are made up in home practice and homework submissions.
- 5 – 22 January 2019 (course starts on 4 Jan at 5pm)
- 9 x Weekends 2019 Nine cycles of weekends, beginning Friday evenings from 5pm, finishing Sunday at 5pm. This course is particularly designed to fit the lives of working people and for people who would like a little more time to process and build a solid home practice.
- 3, 4, 5 May
- 17, 18, 19 May
- 31 May, 1, 2 June
- 21, 22, 23 June
- 12, 13, 14 July
- 9, 10, 11 August
- 23, 24, 25 August
- 30, 31 August, 1 September
- 6, 7, 8 September
- Early Bird NZ$ 3,095.00 – save NZ$ 500*
- Full price NZ$ 3,595.00*
*Price includes NZ$500.00 non-refundable deposit.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place on our Yoga Teacher Training Programme. It is made after your application has been reviewed and accepted.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- Please read our payment, cancellation and deferral policy.
The Prema Charitable Trust has approved a scholarship programme for 1 applicant per Yoga teacher training intake, who can show that they could not complete the course without financial assistance. Please submit your application three months prior to the course to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course provided a well-rounded introduction to the foundations of yoga. I would recommend this course for people that desire a holistic approach to understanding and teaching yoga. I feel I have a better understanding of the complete yoga system – Alister
It was a great opportunity for practising teaching and has helped me develop and establish my own home practice. I feel clearer with my future aims and more connected to my guru. I can see myself teaching very soon! Thank you very much! – Anastasia
I have been supported, encouraged and challenged in several different ways of thinking. A great variety of teachers, methods and students have set me up well with the foundations to start my teaching practice. I feel that I have been given a good grounding to the start of teaching and have been lead to an open door to find my own teaching path – Katie
I would recommend this course since it has dedicated core teachers, specialised guest teachers and authentic yogic practices, ceremonies and rituals that resonated with my inner truth – Zoe