The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to helping you establish a solid foundation to becoming an inspiring and skilled teacher. It trains you in the ancient traditional approach to yoga practice and extends your journey into the modern evolutionary pathways of yoga, exploring the richness of the relationship between body, mind and movement. You will gain enough in-depth knowledge and understanding of each of the eight limbs of yoga to be able to connect with the origin of yoga and the teacher within.
Your learning will include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Posture and yoga therapeutics
- Spinal awareness and practices for spinal health
- Fluid support; breath and Vinyasa flow
- Finding the ground; yielding, gravity, breath
- Stability, balance, neutrality
- Functional yoga, including alignment
- Pranayama, Kriya, Bandha
- Mantra and meditation
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
- Teaching skills, practice and inversions
- Art of adjustment and sequencing
- Path to freedom; Bhakti, Karma, Jnana and Raja
Your daily schedule may look as follows:
- 07.00 – 08.30 Asana practice
- 08.45 – 10.30 Anatomy & physiology applied
- 11.00 – 13.00 Methodologies & technologies
- 13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
- 14.00 – 16.15 Yoga philosophy & practice
- 16.30 – 18.30 Practical applications & teaching skills
- 19.00 – 20.15 Self-study, group work or consolidation of practice
You can choose from our:
- 9 x Weekend 5, 6, 7 May / 19, 20, 21 May / 2, 3, 4 June / 23, 24, 25 June / 14, 15, 16 July / 4, 5, 6 August / 18, 19, 20 August / 1, 2, 3 September / 15, 16, 17 September
9 cycles of 3 continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed. This course is particularly designed to fit the lives of working people and/or people that would like a little more time to process.
- 2 x 9 Day 20 – 28 July 2017 & 22 – 30 September 2017
2 cycles of 9 continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed, with a 2-month break in between. This course is particularly designed for people that would like a bit of both; intensive training and time to process.
- Intensive 5 – 23 January 2018
Cycle of 18 continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed. This training is particularly designed for people that would like a full on, non-stop training to stay deep.
- Early Bird NZ$ 2,995.00 – save NZ$ 455*/**
- Full price NZ$ 3,450.00
* Early Bird option closes 4 weeks prior to course start date
** All Early Bird tickets can be used for half price registration for the International Yoga Festival at Kawai Purapura
Both the Early Bird option and the Full price option require a non-refundable deposit of NZ$ 500.00 upon application. Settlement of the outstanding balance is due 30 days prior to course start date.
Payments can be made via bank transfer (direct debit), Paypal and credit card. A 4% surcharge is invoked when payment is completed using Paypal or credit card. In addition, Kawai Purapura offers (shared) scholarships that can be applied for. Contact us for details.
- Minimum of 1 year consistent experience
- Commitment to learning
- Motivation to become a yoga teacher
- High level of self-discipline
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00
This training consists of both home and onsite components. To further develop your understanding, you will be required to submit home practice assignments after the course. These will be submitted online. 180 hours will be completed onsite at Kawai Purapura and 20 hours in home practice.
- 18 days of instruction (200 Hours)
- Certified Yoga Alliance US programme
- Holistic program of training
- Foundation for teaching
- Flexible training options
- One main yoga teacher, various guest teachers (EYT500)
- Yoga school in native NZ bush
- Retreat centre and holistic community
- Optional: healthy yogi food (3 meals a day)
- Optional: accommodation (18 or more days)
This course provided a well-rounded introduction to the foundations of yoga. I would recommend this course for people that desire a holistic approach to understanding and teaching yoga. I feel I have a better understanding of the complete yoga system – Alister
It was a great opportunity for practising teaching and has helped me develop and establish my own home practice. I feel clearer with my future aims and more connected to my guru. I can see myself teaching very soon! Thank you very much! – Anastasia
I have been supported, encouraged and challenged in several different ways of thinking. A great variety of teachers, methods and students have set me up well with the foundations to start my teaching practice. I feel that I have been given a good grounding to the start of teaching and have been lead to an open door to find my own teaching path – Katie
I would recommend this course since it has dedicated core teachers, specialised guest teachers and authentic yogic practices, ceremonies and rituals that resonated with my inner truth – Zoe