The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to helping you establish a solid foundation to becoming an inspiring and skilled teacher. It trains you in the ancient traditional approach to yoga practice and extends your journey into the modern evolutionary pathways of yoga, exploring the richness of the relationship between body, mind and movement. You will gain enough in-depth knowledge and understanding of each of the eight limbs of yoga to be able to connect with the origin of yoga and the teacher within.
Your learning will include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Posture and yoga therapeutics
- Spinal awareness and practices for spinal health
- Fluid support; breath and Vinyasa flow
- Finding the ground; yielding, gravity, breath
- Stability, balance, neutrality
- Functional yoga, including alignment
- Pranayama, Kriya, Bandha
- Mantra and meditation
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology
- Teaching skills, practice and inversions
- Art of adjustment and sequencing
- Path to freedom; Bhakti, Karma, Jnana and Raja
Your daily schedule may look as follows:
- 07.00 – 08.30 Asana practice
- 08.45 – 10.30 Anatomy & physiology applied
- 11.00 – 13.00 Methodologies & technologies
- 13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
- 14.00 – 16.15 Yoga philosophy & practice
- 16.30 – 18.30 Practical applications & teaching skills
- 19.00 – 20.15 Self-study, group work or consolidation of practice
You can choose from our:
- 9 x Weekends 2017 Nine cycles of three continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed. This course is particularly designed to fit the lives of working people and/or people that would like a little more time to process.
- 5, 6, 7 May
- 19, 20, 21 May
- 2, 3, 4 June
- 23, 24, 25 June
- 14, 15, 16 July
- 4, 5, 6 August
- 18, 19, 20 August
- 1, 2, 3 September
- 15, 16, 17 September
- 2 x 9 Days Intensive 2017 Two cycles of nine continuous days of instruction, in which the 180 hours are completed, with a two-month break in between. This course is particularly designed for people that would like a bit of both; intensive training and time to process. The home practice component makes us the balance of the training hours.
- 20 – 28 July &
- 22 September – 1 October
- 18 Days Intensive 2018 Cycle of 18 continuous days of instruction, in which the 180 hours are completed. This training is particularly designed for people that would like a full on, non-stop training to stay deep. The balance of the training hours are made up in home practice and homework submissions.
- 5 – 23 January
- 9 x Weekends 2018 Nine cycles of three continuous days of instruction, in which the 200 hours are completed. This course is particularly designed to fit the lives of working people and/or people that would like a little more time to process.
- 4, 5, 6 May
- 18, 19, 20 May
- 1, 2, 3 June
- 22, 23, 24 June
- 6, 7, 8 July
- 20, 21, 22 July
- 10, 11, 12 August
- 24, 25, 26 August
- 7, 8, 9 September
- 2 x 9 Days Intensive 2018 Two cycles of nine continuous days of instruction, in which the 180 hours are completed, with a two-month break in between. This course is particularly designed for people that would like a bit of both; intensive training and time to process. The home practice component makes us the balance of the training hours.
- 27 July – 5 August &
- 15 – 23 September
Cost July 2017 Training
- Early Bird NZ$ 2,995.00 – save NZ$ 455*
- Full price NZ$ 3,450.00*
Cost January 2018 Training
- Early Bird NZ$ 3,095.00 – save NZ$ 500*
- Full price NZ$ 3,595.00*
*Price includes NZ$500.00 non-refundable deposit.
Price covers course tuition fee only. Various catering and accommodation options are available, please visit our Accommodation and Catering pages for more information. Pricing can be viewed and booked below at ‘step 2’.
All course tickets purchased can be used for half price registration for the International Yoga Festival at Kawai Purapura.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place on our Yoga Teacher Training Programme.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply (applicable to 2018 registrations onwards).
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- All payments can be made via Eventbrite by debit card, credit card & Paypal.
- Please read our payment, cancellation and deferral policy.
The Prema Charitable Trust has approved a scholarship programme for 1 applicant per Yoga teacher training intake, who can show that they could not complete the course without financial assistance. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum of 1 year consistent experience
- Commitment to learning
- Motivation to become a yoga teacher
- High level of self-discipline
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00
Home practice – 180 hours will be completed onsite at Kawai Purapura and 20 hours in home practice.
This training consists of both home and onsite components. To further develop your understanding, you will be required to submit home practice assignments after the course. These will be submitted online.
- 18 days of instruction (200 Hours)
- Certified Yoga Alliance US programme
- Holistic program of training
- Foundation for teaching
- Flexible training options
- One main yoga teacher, various guest teachers (EYT500)
- Yoga school in native New Zealand bush
- Retreat centre and and facilities to enjoy and a holistic community
- Optional: catered healthy yogi food (2 or 3 meals a day)
- Optional: accommodation (18 or more days)
This course provided a well-rounded introduction to the foundations of yoga. I would recommend this course for people that desire a holistic approach to understanding and teaching yoga. I feel I have a better understanding of the complete yoga system – Alister
It was a great opportunity for practising teaching and has helped me develop and establish my own home practice. I feel clearer with my future aims and more connected to my guru. I can see myself teaching very soon! Thank you very much! – Anastasia
I have been supported, encouraged and challenged in several different ways of thinking. A great variety of teachers, methods and students have set me up well with the foundations to start my teaching practice. I feel that I have been given a good grounding to the start of teaching and have been lead to an open door to find my own teaching path – Katie
I would recommend this course since it has dedicated core teachers, specialised guest teachers and authentic yogic practices, ceremonies and rituals that resonated with my inner truth – Zoe