The 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to deepening the practice, refining teaching skills and continuity of the journey of self-mastery in order to help others. It trains you in chakra awareness and purification methods, the practical application of yoga and ayurveda as therapeutic sciences and meditational techniques that support deep relaxation on all levels of being. You will gain enough in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of yoga to become an empowered yoga teacher, authentic yoga therapist and/or yoga nidra specialist.
Prerequisite for this training is a Yoga Alliance accredited 200 Hour Teacher Training. The additional 300 hours are offered in two distinct modules of 150 hours each. The two modules can be taken back to back as one continuous training, or separately over a number of years. Graduates of both modules can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance, becoming a RYT 500. The modules can also be used individually to upskill and develop professionally.
Your learning will include
- Re-educating the body to greater health and wellbeing
- Postural analysis and assessment tools
- Tools for an effective therapist
- Traditional yoga therapy techniques
- Designing yoga therapy plans
- The subtle body: Chakras, Tattwas, Pranas, Gunas and Koshas
- Ayurveda as a therapeutic science
- Mantras for healing and wellbeing
- Meditation techniques for healing on all levels
- Creative visualisation techniques
- Basic Breathing Methods
- The PM series
- Teaching restorative practices
- Integrating restorative yoga in class
- Inducing the free flow of energy
- Effective use of props
You can choose from our:
- Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga – 150 hours module
28 January – 8 February 2018
Cycle of 12 continuous days of instruction, followed by three months of home practice and reflection, in which 150 hours are completed on the subject of meditation techniques and healing yoga.
- Evolve as a Teacher; Yoga Therapeutics – 150 hours module
11 – 22 February 2018
Cycle of 12 continuous days of instruction, in which 150 hours are completed on the subject of the science and art of health.
Cost per 150 hours module
- Early Bird Price NZ$ 2,595.00*
- Full Price NZ$ 2,995.00*
Cost 300 hours modules combined
- Early Bird Price NZ$ 4,995.00*
- Full Price NZ$ 5,400.00*
*Price includes NZ$500.00 non-refundable deposit.
Price covers course tuition fee only. Various catering and accommodation options are available, please visit our Accommodation and Catering pages for more information. Pricing can be viewed and booked below at ‘step 2’.
All course tickets purchased will include a complimentary 3-Day Weekend Pass to New Zealand’s International Yoga Festival at Kawai Purapura.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place on our Yoga Teacher Training Programme.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- All payments can be made via Eventbrite by debit card, credit card & Paypal.
- Please read our payment, cancellation and deferral policy.
The Prema Charitable Trust has approved a scholarship programme for 1 applicant per Yoga teacher training intake, who can show that they could not complete the course without financial assistance. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completion of 200 Hour Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training or a equivalant level of experiece
- Commitment to learning
- Motivation to evolve as a teacher, to become a yoga therapist and/or a yoga nidra specialist
- High level of self-discipline
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00
- 12 days of instruction per module (150 hours each)
- Certified Yoga Alliance US programme
- Holistic program of training
- Professional development and upskilling
- Flexible training options
- One main teacher, various guest teachers (EYT500)
- Yoga school in native NZ bush
- Retreat centre and holistic community
- Optional: healthy yogi food (3 meals a day)
- Optional: accommodation (12 days or more)
* As I became immersed in this yoga training I have learned the magnitude of yoga- it is a way to exist. Stirring in me a deep curiosity – about who I am, what this life is and how we can approach the deeper meaning of our life force. I feel deeply grateful – Hannah
Thank you Kawai Purapura, Pragyadhara and Becca for creating a programma that allows full immersion into the realm of yoga, integrating mind and sould with the physical practices. Through your teaching my appreciation for yoga has grown incredibly and I feel prepared for the next step in my journey – Cait
I have seen and felt transformations physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually in a way that I never got from any other workout or form of activity. I have learnt more about really listening to the body, the value of breathing; really breathing! I learned how important the breath is and that quite often less is more! – Aleshia
I am leaving with so much more than I anticipated. I have a head full of knowledge, skills, techniques, options, mantras. More importantly, I have an awakening, awareness and an appreciation of what it really means to live the life of a yogini. I feel so grateful to have had this experience – Leisa