The 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to deepening the practice, refining teaching skills and continuity of the journey of self-mastery in order to help others. It trains you in chakra awareness and purification methods, the practical application of yoga and ayurveda as therapeutic sciences and meditational techniques that support deep relaxation on all levels of being. You will gain enough in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of yoga to become an empowered yoga teacher, authentic yoga therapist and/or yoga nidra specialist.
Prerequisite for this training is a Yoga Alliance accredited 200 Hour Teacher Training. The additional 300 hours are offered in three distinct modules of a 100 hours each. The modules can be taken as one continuous training to complete your 500 hours, as separate modules over a number of years to suit your own calendar to complete your 500 hours and as individual modules to upskill and develop professionally. Graduates of at least two modules can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance, becoming a RYT 350. Graduates of all three modules can apply for RYT 500.
Your learning will include
- Your own sadhana (personal practice)
- Tools for self-reflection and personal development
- Professional development and mentorship
- Refining your presentation and teaching style
- Introducing and teaching of breath-work
- Practicing and teaching safely
- Systematic meditation
- Expansion of ability to connect and deliver in wider global communities
- Looking at the yoga industry in a global context
- Re-educating the body to greater health and wellbeing
- Postural analysis and assessment tools
- Tools for an effective therapist
- Traditional yoga therapy techniques
- Designing yoga therapy plans
- The subtle body: Chakras, Tattwas, Pranas, Gunas and Koshas
- Ayurveda as a therapeutic science
- Mantras for healing and wellbeing
- Meditation techniques for healing on all levels
- Creative visualisation techniques
- Basic Breathing Methods
- The PM series
- Teaching restorative practices
- Integrating restorative yoga in class
- Inducing the free flow of energy
- Effective use of props
You can choose from our:
- Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga module 29 January – 6 February 2017
Cycle of 9 continuous days of instruction, in which 100 hours are completed on the subject of meditation techniques and healing yoga.
- Evolve as a Teacher module Dates T.B.A.
Cycle of 9 continuous days of instruction, in which 100 hours are completed on the subject of deepening the practice and teaching skills.
- Yoga Therapeutics module Dates T.B.A.
Cycle of 9 continuous days of instruction, in which 100 hours are completed on the subject of the science and art of health
- NZ$ 1,995.00 per module
** All tickets can be used for half price tickets for the International Yoga Festival at Kawai Purapura
The ticket requires a non-refundable deposit of NZ$ 500.00 upon application. Settlement of the outstanding balance is due 30 days prior to course start date.
Payments can be made via bank transfer (direct debit), Paypal and credit card. A 4% surcharge is invoked when payment is completed using Paypal or credit card. In addition, Kawai Purapura offers (shared) scholarships that can be applied for. Contact us for details.
- Completion of 200 Hour Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training or a equivalant level of experiece
- Commitment to learning
- Motivation to evolve as a teacher, to become a yoga therapist and/or a yoga nidra specialist
- High level of self-discipline
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00
- 9 days of instruction per module (100 Hours each)
- Certified Yoga Alliance US programme
- Holistic program of training
- Professional development and upskilling
- Flexible training options
- One main teacher, various guest teachers (EYT500)
- Yoga school in native NZ bush
- Retreat centre and holistic community
- Optional: healthy yogi food (3 meals a day)
- Optional: accommodation (9 days or more)
* As I became immersed in this yoga training I have learned the magnitude of yoga- it is a way to exist. Stirring in me a deep curiosity – about who I am, what this life is and how we can approach the deeper meaning of our life force. I feel deeply grateful – Hannah
Thank you Kawai Purapura, Pragyadhara and Becca for creating a programma that allows full immersion into the realm of yoga, integrating mind and sould with the physical practices. Through your teaching my appreciation for yoga has grown incredibly and I feel prepared for the next step in my journey – Cait
I have seen and felt transformations physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually in a way that I never got from any other workout or form of activity. I have learnt more about really listening to the body, the value of breathing; really breathing! I learned how important the breath is and that quite often less is more! – Aleshia
I am leaving with so much more than I anticipated. I have a head full of knowledge, skills, techniques, options, mantras. More importantly, I have an awakening, awareness and an appreciation of what it really means to live the life of a yogini. I feel so grateful to have had this experience – Leisa