The 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to deepening personal practice, refining teaching skills and providing continuity of the journey of self-mastery in order to help others. Gaining specialized skills in the practical application of yoga as a therapeutic science. In-depth knowledge and understanding in specialized topics such as Yoga nidra, pranayama, mudras and bandhas and kriya yoga techniques as-well as expert mentorship to go to the next level in personal practice – sadhana.
Prerequisite for this training is a Yoga Alliance accredited 200 Hour Teacher Training. The additional 300 hours are offered in two distinct modules of 150 hours each. The two modules can be taken back to back as one continuous training, or separately over a number of years. Graduates of both modules can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance, becoming a RYT 500. The modules can also be used individually to upskill and develop professionally.
Your learning will include
- Teaching Yoga nidra in the Bihar Yoga Tradition.
- Teaching restorative postures using props, modifications and alternatives to ensure safe practice that promotes deep healing and a meditative awareness
- The pawanmuktasana series – a classical approach designed to clear energetic blockages and promote the free flow of prana through the entire body/mind complex.
- Basic Breathing Methods and specific pranayama techniques that focus on releasing tensions, balancing autonomic functioning and revitalization at all levels of being.
- Integrating restorative yoga in course and class planning for general and specialized populations.
- Re-educating the body to greater health and wellbeing including assisting those with muscular skeletal injuries
- Functional anatomy as it relates to posture, movement and yoga practices
- Deepen knowledge and personal practice of yoga including techniques to experience the subtle body: chakras, tattwas, pranas, gunas and koshas
- Designing specialized courses and classes for specific populations including; Yoga for Women, yoga for seniors, yoga for movement, yogic sadhana – how to deepen and layer personal practice
- Mantra chanting practice for healing and wellbeing and to deepen personal practice.
- Specific meditation techniques, expert guidance and mentorship.
- Design, teach and evaluate a specialized yoga program which will form part of the post residential and final assessment.
You can choose from our:
- Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga – 150 hours module
28 January – 8 February 2018
Cycle of 12 continuous days of instruction, followed by three months of home practice and reflection, in which 150 hours are completed on the subject of meditation techniques and healing yoga.
- Evolve as a Teacher; Yoga Therapeutics – 150 hours module
11 – 22 February 2018
Cycle of 12 continuous days of instruction, in which 150 hours are completed on the subject of the science and art of health.
Cost per 150 hours module
- Early Bird Price NZ$ 2,595.00*
- Full Price NZ$ 2,995.00*
Cost 300 hours modules combined
- Early Bird Price NZ$ 4,995.00*
- Full Price NZ$ 5,400.00*
*Price includes NZ$500.00 non-refundable deposit.
Price covers course tuition fee only. Various catering and accommodation options are available, please visit our Accommodation and Catering pages for more information. Pricing can be viewed and booked below at ‘step 2’.
All course tickets purchased will include a complimentary 3-Day Weekend Pass to New Zealand’s International Yoga Festival at Kawai Purapura.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place on our Yoga Teacher Training Programme.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- All payments can be made via Eventbrite by debit card, credit card & Paypal.
- Please read our payment, cancellation and deferral policy.
The Prema Charitable Trust has approved a scholarship programme for 1 applicant per Yoga teacher training intake, who can show that they could not complete the course without financial assistance. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completion of 200 Hour Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training.
- Motivation to evolve and expand as a specialised restorative yoga teacher of Yoga Nidra, basic breathing methods and meditative asanas.
- Commitment to learning with a high level of self-discipline required for home study and home practice components.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English proficiently
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00
- Min 150 hours training as a restorative yoga teacher including Yoga Nidra and basic breathing methods and techniques
- 12 days of face to face instruction per module (135 hours each)
- Homework and home practice component (4 months)
- One – three lead trainers, various guest teachers (EYT500)
- Holistic program of training incorporating yogic lifestyle components
- Professional development and upskilling as a specialised yoga teacher
- Optional: healthy yogi food (3 meals a day)
- Optional: accommodation (12 days or more)
* As I became immersed in this yoga training I have learned the magnitude of yoga- it is a way to exist. Stirring in me a deep curiosity – about who I am, what this life is and how we can approach the deeper meaning of our life force. I feel deeply grateful – Hannah
Thank you Kawai Purapura, Pragyadhara and Becca for creating a programma that allows full immersion into the realm of yoga, integrating mind and sould with the physical practices. Through your teaching my appreciation for yoga has grown incredibly and I feel prepared for the next step in my journey – Cait
I have seen and felt transformations physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually in a way that I never got from any other workout or form of activity. I have learnt more about really listening to the body, the value of breathing; really breathing! I learned how important the breath is and that quite often less is more! – Aleshia
I am leaving with so much more than I anticipated. I have a head full of knowledge, skills, techniques, options, mantras. More importantly, I have an awakening, awareness and an appreciation of what it really means to live the life of a yogini. I feel so grateful to have had this experience – Leisa