Dates for 2020 tbc
The Advanced Yoga Teacher Training modules are designed for Yoga Teachers who would like to deepen their personal practice, refine and expand their teaching skills and receive mentorship. Prerequisite for the Advanced trainings is a Yoga Alliance accredited 200 Hour Teacher Training.
Kawai Purapura offers 2 Advanced Teacher Trainings each year: 150 hours Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga and 150 hours Evolve as a Teacher; Therapeutic Elements of Yoga. All our trainings are certified with Yoga Alliance U.S. and registered with Yoga New Zealand. The two modules can be taken back to back as one continuous training, or separately over a number of years. Graduates of both modules can apply for international accreditation through Yoga Alliance, becoming a RYT 500.
Teachers will deepen their own practice, explore traditional practices drawn from the Hatha Yoga Pradipika as well as modern applications to use in your classes to help students address hormonal imbalance, life changes, low vitality, depression, anxiety and other health issues. This module includes Therapeutic Elements of Yoga which is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and wellbeing through the application of the teachings and practices of yoga. It provides a balanced mix of theory and practical study, viewing the person as an individual rather than a fixed condition.
- Yogic philosophy: the history and wisdom of authentic yoga
- Mudras (gestures to direct, conserve and raise energy)
- Bandhas (locks to increase energy and health in areas of the body and Bandhas)
- Shakti and Shiva energies
- Yoga philosophy
- Applications of Ayurvedic principles
Teaching – sequencing for diverse populations:
- Yoga for seniors, yoga for pregnancy
- Yoga for people with M.S. Parkinsons and neurological issues
- Applied functional anatomy as it relates to posture, movement and yoga asana
Deepening personal practice of yoga
- Asanas: alignment, benefits, breath integration, chakra awareness, focus on the energy body
- Specific meditation techniques for healing and self-development
- Pranayama (breathing techniques and exercises)
- Prana Nidra (deep relaxation with energy body focus)
- Mantras and their healing power
- Cleansing Kriya: nasal wash
- Spiritual diary and swadhyaya (self study)
- Techniques to experience the subtle body: Chakras, Tattwas, Pranas, Gunas and Koshas
- Methods for connecting with yourself and your heart
- Home practice: design, tracking & mentorship
For the course information booklet or any queries email the course coordinator: email@example.com
- Completion of 200 Hour Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training
- Motivation to evolve as a specialist teacher in the specific methods and techniques provided in the curriculum
- Commitment to learning with a high level of self-discipline required for home study and home practice components
- Ability to read, speak and understand English proficiently
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00 after enrolment
Early Bird Price (until 2 months prior to course start) NZ$ 2,595.00
Full Price NZ$ 2,995.00
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due after enrolment.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply.
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Accommodation and catering costs must be settled 14 days prior to the start of the course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- Please read our payment, cancellation and deferral policy .
The Prema Charitable Trust has approved a scholarship programme for 1 applicant per Yoga teacher training intake, who can show that they could not complete the course without financial assistance. Please submit your application three months prior to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What stands out about this module is the hand-picked specialist teachers that you will experience a mini immersion with. These teachers have decades of embodied experience, developed and taught on teachers trainings and are international presenters on specialized topics. The synergy of this collaboration will be like no other.