- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place on the Yoga Teacher Training Programme. It is made once your application has been reviewed and accepted.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply (applicable to 2018 registrations onwards).
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Accommodation and catering fees must be settled by 14 days prior to the start of each course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- All payments can be made via TicketTailor by debit card, credit card & Paypal.
Course cancellation and refund policy
If a student wishes to cancel and withdraw from a course, the following refund policy applies:
- The NZ$500 deposit is non-refundable.
- If cancelled before 30 days prior to the start of the course, all course, catering and accommodation fees will be refunded, minus the NZ$500.00 deposit.
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to the start of the course, no refund will be given, but application to defer to another course can be made.
We reserve the right to cancel a course at any given time if enrolment numbers are not met. If a course is cancelled by Kawai Purapura management:
- A full refund of deposit, course, catering and accommodation fees will be issued.
- Option to defer will be granted.
- Kawai Purapura will not be liable for any money lost to bookings with other parties. If booking international flights, we advise purchasing of travel insurance to cover any loss of cancellation.
Course deferral and transfer of fees policy
If a trainee wishes to defer their training to a later date the following conditions apply:
- All deferral requests must be made in writing to the yoga teacher training department at Kawai Purapura.
- All deferral requests will be considered and granted at the discretion of the yoga teacher training department and management and we reserve the right to refuse deferral.
- Deferrals are subject to availability on each course.
- A maximum of 2 deferrals and re-registrations are granted.
- Course deferral must be made within 2 years of the initial booking.
- All fees being transferred onto another course are non-refundable.
The Teachers of the Integrated Yoga Teachers Training Program acknowledge the sensitive nature of the student-teacher relationship and recognise that ethical behaviour is the foundation of all good yoga practice and yoga teaching. We believe that it is the responsibility of the yoga teacher to ensure a safe and protected environment in which a student can grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Our Code of Ethics lists important principles of conduct that guide our ethical and professional behaviour. It is intended to serve as a basis for yoga ethics for our teachers and students and corresponds with the recommendations of Patanjali in the Yoga Sutras Yamas and Niyamas.
As Teachers of the Integrated Yoga Teachers Training Program we agree to uphold the highest professional standards as set forth in the following Code of Ethics.
- We welcome all students with respect and friendliness and do not discriminate against or refuse professional help to anyone on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
- We make only realistic statements regarding the benefits of yoga, make responsible decisions to determine if and when we can assist a student, and use our yogic knowledge and skills only for their benefit.
- We provide rehabilitative and therapeutic instruction only for those problems or issues that are within the reasonable boundaries of our competence.
- We do not misrepresent our professional qualifications and promote our services with accuracy and dignity
- We establish and maintain professional relationship boundaries at all times.
- We understand that all forms of sexual behaviour or harassment with students is unethical, and use only appropriate methods of touch when assisting students.
- We conduct our public and private affairs with honesty in all financial, material, emotional and spiritual interactions.
- We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students, and treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
It is the responsibility of the Student to:
- Ensure that all current policies and procedures of Kawai Purapura are understood and adhered to.
- Seek clarification from administration if a policy or procedure is not understood.
- Attend all classes in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respect the rights of other students, clients and employees of Kawai Purapura Centre.
- Keep confidential any information of a personal nature obtained during the course.
- Make all reasonable efforts to achieve the competencies specified in the training plan and take advantage of all learning opportunities.
- Maintain a true record of home practice (asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra etc) in Journals.
- Submit homework within the given timeframe / inform the course coordinator in extenuating circumstances in which you would require an approved extension. Any extension needs to be applied for in writing prior to the submission dates. The homework component forms part of the required hours to complete the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
Kawai Purapura recognizes that students have the right to:
- Pursue their training in an environment that is without harassment or discrimination.
- Be always treated with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Expect confidentiality in all personal matters.
- Have their learning needs known and addressed by the Teacher.
- Receive training and assessment from competent and experienced Teachers.