Join us for a yoga retreat! Take time to unwind and re-connect with yourself. Surrounded by bush and native birds a yoga retreat at Kawai Purapura is an uplifting and memorable experience. Check out the different retreat options throughout the year below!
Only a few days after the International Yoga Festival at Kawai Purapura the 150 hour module “Evolve as a Teacher; Therapeutic Elements of Yoga” takes place. What stands out about this module is the hand-picked specialist teachers who have decades of embodied experience, developed and taught on teachers trainings and are international presenters on specialized topics. You have the opportunity to book your inspirer Yoga Teacher and to come for a mini immersion in his / her specialist topic. Arrive to Kawai Purapura Yoga Retreat Centre and unwind from the busy city. Enjoy pool, sauna and spa facilities or go for a bush walk. Treat yourself at Prema Resident Cafe and meet like-minded people. Get inspired by your teacher how to live your yoga.
Select from different packages:
- 3 days retreat workshop only: $360
- 3 days retreat + 2 nights accommodation in twin share room: $425
- 3 days retreat + 2 nights accommodation in private room: $450
Your yoga retreat package includes the use of our pool, sauna and spa facilities. We provide you with all necessary yoga equipment such as mats, bolsters, belts, blocks and cushions. Not included in the price is catering. Prema Resident Cafe on site prepares healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Most of the menu is vegan and gluten-free. Our team at the cafe is passionate about creating nourishing, soulful food that provides you with enough energy to keep up with your yoga retreat. There is a kitchen for retreat guests if you prefer to prepare you own meals.
Saturday 2nd March – Monday 4th March 2019
The transformation through personal evolution is one of the most rewarding aspects of a consistent yoga practice, however, to maintain growth requires steady perseverance and from time to time an infusion of inspiration, expert guidance and space to explore further. Yoga is a constant study of the Self and requires us to be forever students. Yoga asks us to ‘see’ our reality clearly and be willing to do the work to heal and better ourselves.
- Yogic philosophy (the history and wisdom of authentic yoga)
- Mantras and their healing power
- Asanas (alignment, benefits, breath integration, chakra awareness: introduction overview, experiential, home practice integration)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques and exercises)
- Meditation (theory and practices)
- Cleansing Kriya: nasal wash
- Spiritual diary and swadhyaya – self study
- Home practice (design, tracking & mentorship)
Your retreat starts on 2nd March at 10 am and finishes on 4th March at 11:30 am. You get a 2 days immersion with Pragyadhara, offered as a 3 days retreat.
- Day 1 | check-in at reception, yoga classes 10 am – 9:30 pm, including meal breaks
- Day 2 | yoga classes 6:30 am – 9:30 pm, including meal breaks
- Day 3 | yoga classes 6:30 – 11:30 am, including breakfast break, check-out
Monday 4th – Wednesday 6th March 2019
In this retreat, explore mudras, bandhas and chakras independently and integrated with other core Hatha Yoga practices of asana and pranayama. Learn and experience the therapeutic, pranic and spiritual benefits of different mudras and bandhas, including Moola bandha. Discover techniques to conserve prana for more optimal brain functioning, vitality, health, well-being and enhancement of meditative states.
- Asanas (with focus on the energy body)
- Bandhas (locks to increase energy and health in areas of the body)
- Mudras (gestures to direct, conserve and raise energy)
- Pranayama (breath techniques to activate, balance and calm)
- Meditation (focused on the chakras)
- Prana Nidra (Deep relaxation with energy body focus)
Your retreat starts on 4th March at 2 pm and finishes on 6th March at 1 pm. You get a 2 days immersion with Swami Karma Karuna, offered as a 3 days retreat.
- Day 1 | check-in at reception, yoga classes 2 pm – 9:30 pm, including dinner break
- Day 2 | yoga classes 6:30 am – 9:30 pm, including meal brakes
- Day 3 | yoga classes 6:30 – 1 pm, including breakfast break, check-out
Saturday 9th – Monday 11th March 2019
Yoga isn’t just something you do, it’s something you feel; a deep connection; a warmth spreading from your heart all the way through your body; the beating of your heart in the silence and stillness of meditation. Yoga should both start and end at the heart.
Mark Whitwell offers the simple principles from the Great Tradition that can be applied to all styles and kinds of yoga in order to make your Yoga completely your own: efficient, powerful and safe. Throughout these days, Mark will demonstrate how that the heart of Yoga is relationship and show participants how to actually befriend and relate to their students, free of any power structures.
- Shakti and Shiva energies
- Meditation techniques
- Yogic physiology
- Methods for connecting with yourself and your heart
- Asanas (specifically heart opening postures)
Your retreat starts on 9th March at 10 am and finishes on 11th March at 10:30 am. You get a 2 days immersion with Mark Whitwell, offered as a 3 days retreat.
- Day 1 | check-in at reception, yoga classes 10 am – 9:30 pm, including meal brakes
- Day 2 | yoga classes 6:30 am – 9:30 pm, including meal brakes
- Day 3 | yoga classes 6:30 – 10:30 am, including breakfast break, check-out
Wednesday 29th May – Sunday 2nd June 2019
Experience deep relaxation and calmness with Yoga Nidra, basic breathing methods and restorative yoga postures. Enjoy a 5 days / 4 nights retreat at Kawai Purapura, surrounded by bush and native birds. Retreat guests join the first 4 days of our Advanced Teacher Training module “Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga”. Go for a walk, treat yourself at Prema Resident Cafe or enjoy the swimming pool, spa and sauna facilities in between the sessions.
Your retreat starts on 29th May at 5pm with an orientation tour around Kawai Purapura. Join us for the welcome dinner at Prema Resident Cafe and for the Havan opening ceremony in the evening. Classes run from 6:30am to 9:30pm on Thursday to Sunday. We finish on Sunday 2nd June with a special evening of Kirtan.
Yoga Nidra is a state of being in which the mind lets go of the external world and turns inward to reflect upon itself. It is a state of deep peace, clarity and acceptance. Yoga Nidra is a specific practice that gradually trains the mind to be able to reach that tranquil space effortlessly.
A simple series of restorative postures performed in such a way as to liberate and promote the free flow of gross and subtle movement; Gross movement related to the joints, organs and tissues and subtle movement related to the energetic network / Prana. Working actively with this principle of movement activates the inherent healing and regenerative power.
Basic breathing methods encourage optimal breathing patterns and correct poor breathing habits that may either depress or agitate the nervous system, mind and emotions. Basic breathing methods form one of the essential stages of Yoga Nidra and are effective tools for inducing calmness and clarity in any given situation.
Select from 2 different retreat packages:
- 5 days / 4 nights retreat + accommodation in twin share room: $850
- 5 days / 4 nights retreat + accommodation in private room: $900
Your yoga retreat package includes the use of our pool, sauna and spa facilities. We provide you with all necessary yoga equipment such as mats, bolsters, belts, blocks and cushions. Not included in the price is catering. Prema Resident Cafe on site provides healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner for purchase. There is a kitchen for retreat guests if you prefer to prepare you own meals.
Prema Resident Cafe on site prepares healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Most of the menu is vegan and gluten-free. Our team at the cafe is passionate about creating nourishing, soulful food that provides you with enough energy to keep up with your yoga retreat. The standard menu at Prema cafe includes toast, porridge and freshly baked muffins, salads, toasties and the soup of the day, as well as homemade vegan cheesecake and bliss balls. Take a break around the fire place or on the sunny deck and taste the beautiful dishes made with love.
There is a kitchen for retreat guests if you prefer to prepare you own meals.