The key practices of this module are Yoga Nidra, basic breathing methods and restorative yoga postures. All these practices reduce stress and anxiety, and engender feelings of relaxation and calmness. Yoga Nidra is a state of being in which the mind lets go of the external world and turns inward to reflect upon itself. It is a state of deep peace, clarity and acceptance. Yoga Nidra is a specific practice that gradually trains the mind to be able to reach that tranquil space effortlessly. A simple series of restorative postures performed in such a way as to liberate and promote the free flow of gross and subtle movement; Gross movement related to the joints, organs and tissues and subtle movement related to the energetic network / Prana. Working actively with this principle of movement activates the inherent healing and regenerative power. Basic breathing methods encourage optimal breathing patterns and correct poor breathing habits that may either depress or agitate the nervous system, mind and emotions. Basic breathing methods form one of the essential stages of Yoga Nidra and are effective tools for inducing calmness and clarity in any given situation.
During the training you will…
… expand your knowledge:
- The theory behind the healing and transformational potency of Yoga Nidra
- Foundation Anatomy and Physiology of relevant body systems
- Restorative practices that focus on removing blockages that impede the free flow of energy – classical techniques of the Pawanmuktasana series
… become grounded in teaching the techniques:
- Basic breathing methods and balancing pranayama
- Integrating restorative yoga into course and class plans considering a diverse range of needs and students
- Effective use of props to promote optimal physical, mental and emotional relaxation
- Applications of practices to different groups and in varied work environments and situations
- Teaching methodology; planning, sequencing, delivery and communication skills
- Student/Teacher ethics and guidelines and student support skills
- Meditation techniques to initiate healing on all levels
This training is followed by a 4 months homework component. Students will receive professional mentorship during this time. By the end of September 2019 a final practical assessment will be held at Kawai Purapura. Should a face to face assessment not be possible due to special circumstances a video submission may be permitted.
- Completion of 200 Hour Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training
- Motivation to evolve as a specialist teacher in the specific methods and techniques provided in the curriculum
- Commitment to learning with a high level of self-discipline required for home study and home practice components
- Ability to read, speak and understand English proficiently
- Deposit of NZ$ 500.00 once application has been reviewed and accepted
Please email the course coordinator for the information booklet and for any inquiries: email@example.com
Early Bird Price (before 1 April 2019) NZ$ 2,595.00
Full Price (after 1 April 2019) NZ$ 2,995.00
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due after enrolment.
- Early bird fees must be settled by 60 days prior to the start of each course, otherwise standard course fees apply.
- Standard course fees must be settled by 30 days prior to the start of each course.
- Accommodation and catering costs must be settled 14 days prior to the start of the course.
- Registrations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course will be considered at the discretion of Kawai Purapura management and yoga teacher training department.
- Please read our payment, cancellation and deferral policy .
The Prema Charitable Trust has approved a scholarship programme for 1 applicant per Yoga teacher training intake, who can show that they could not complete the course without financial assistance. Please submit your application three months prior to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience Yoga Nidra during our training taster on Wednesday 3 April & meet the teachers!
- 6:30 – 7pm | Yoga Nidra
- 7 – 8pm | Presentation on the teacher training. Q&A. Meet the teachers!
- 8 – 8:30pm | Yoga Nidra
This is a free event. For any questions please contact email@example.com. The training taster will be held at Kawai Purapura Yoga Retreat Centre, 14 Mills Lane, Auckland 0632. The venue is Kahikatea building. See you there!
“Yogic knowledge and wisdom are activated when you fully integrate and ‘live yoga’.”
Pragyadhara teaches Yoga Nidra Training for teachers. Recognizing the need and potential of Yoga nidra and breath work, she is excited to bring her clarity and enthusiasm to this module.
Swami Karma Karuna
Swami Karma Karuna is the founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ. She has more than 25 years of training and experience in Yoga Nidra and has released several CDs and tracks including Yoga Nidra deep relaxation and Inner Silence Meditation.